Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Tom Clements

Because of the large number of correctional professionals in Senate District 3, I felt the need to reach out in this difficult time. By now, you will have heard that DOC Director, Tom Clements, was murdered at his home in Monument last night. At this time, very little is known about the circumstances surrounding this tragedy.

I helped to welcome Tom to Colorado in 2011 when he accepted the position as DOC Director and I found him extremely receptive to addressing and solving issues in the department. I am crushed and struggling to find words to express my grief at the loss of such a kind man and capable leader.

I will be following the investigation and I ask that you join me in keeping Tom's family, friends, and colleagues in our thoughts and prayers.