Saturday, January 19, 2013

A few other weekend highlights


“Ich bin die Königin.”

“I am the Queen.” – that was my one and only line, in German, for the Pueblo German Club Fasching Winter Karneval on Saturday night. My duties as Queen included selecting best costumes, judging the “best legs” contest, and acting as Grand Marshal of the Parade. The acrobats were my favorite! I hope Christine Haney and the Pueblo German Club will make this an annual event. Besides, I need a second try at being their Queen – I would learn more German and I would put together a fabulous costume now that I have some great ideas from other that were there!


Going GREEN at the Capitol
IPads for everyone! I have long thought that there must be a better alternative to reams and reams of paper that we use at the Capitol. Enter the age of the iPad! All 100 legislators have them and the staff has developed some outstanding apps for us to use. We are better organized, more efficient, and will save thousands of trees!